November 26, 2011

A Christmas Table Topper

I took my last Crazy Eight table topper class last Thursday and finished the top.  And, again, I forgot to take pictures of my class.  It was so much fun!  We laughed and laughed and some great stories were told.

Anyway, here's a picture of my topper.  It was fairly easy but the hardest part was putting it together.  It's like a puzzle.
I still have to sew up the little opening.  I'm trying to decide if I want to put some sort of batting in it in case someone wants to actually USE it on their table.  My DH thinks I should.  However, this pattern is the flip inside out kind.  I'd have to cut a piece of batting 30 x 30 and somehow work it in and then tack it all down so it won't move.  Hmmmmm.

I also finished some pillow cases for my Legal Secretaries' Christmas Dinner on the 1st.  We're having a little exchange and I thought pillow cases are easy enough.  I made them with the same fabric but one case got a polka dot border and one got the flower border.  No rules, right?
Speaking of Christmas, I bought the book Fast & Furious by Gudrun Erla a few months back.  Gudrun has a blog and she designs very easy quilts and table toppers using the quilt as you go method.
I decided I would try her Christmas ornaments out of the book.  VERY easy!  These are just test ornaments.  I just used scraps so I could see how easy it is to put them together.  I'm not done but here's what I threw together.

I'm off to shop at my local quilt shop today.  It's Small Business Saturday so be sure and visit your own small businesses.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

See ya soon,

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment