February 9, 2010

T-Shirt Quilts

The NFL is a big, small family.  If you work for a team long enough, you see people come and go and if you're lucky, keep in touch with them when they leave.  Several years ago I made a t-shirt quilt for a friend that worked with me.  Since then, she has moved on to bigger and better things with the Atlanta Falcons, now working in the Coach's office.  This past November she asked me if I would make a t-shirt quilt for the Exec. Assistant to the Head coach.  The coach's assistant has been with the Falcons for 25 years and my friend wanted something special to give her for her birthday.  I said yes and you can see the finished product.  My friend told me it took her a little while to realize they were her OWN t-shirts that her husband had smuggled out.  Hee Hee!  I love a surprise!

P.S.  This was quilted by a very talented quilter, Joanie Clinton, in Murphy, NC.  Thanks Joanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment