September 25, 2011

New York - Well, Actually, New Jersey and a Quilt Show

We had a great time at the Jets game last weekend!  The fans were super nice, we had great seats, and the day couldn't have been nicer.  Unfortunately, the game was awful (for us anyway).  But we'll bounce  back. 

This is my friend, Teresa.  All of these years working together, we've never gotten to travel to the same away game.  I'm so happy we had the chance this year.  We also had a celebrity siting while we were there, Kelly Bensimon of the Real Housewives of New York.  I don't watch the show but Teresa was very excited!!



This weekend was Quilt Fest of Jacksonville.  I ran over on my lunch hour on Friday and then went back yesterday to look at all the fabulous quilts.  The quilt below won Best of Show for Hand Quilting.  The lady who won is a friend of my mother-in-law.
There were so many beautiful quilts!  Obviously, everyone else was as in awe as I was.
This quilt is the Tree of Life by Mark Sherman.  I couldn't stop looking at it.
The Blue Butterfly.  I loved how the quilter radiated the material and quilting out from the center.
Of course, you can't have a quilt show in September without a Halloween quilt.  This is Spooky Hollow made by Jean Kass.
I'm not sure what the name of this one is but the blocks were all cross-stitched.  Amazing amount of work!
Up close view of one of the blocks:
I'm off to finish breakfast.  My friends are coming in from Georgia next Thursday for our home game on Sunday.  Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Just found out my husbands cousin's son is a Jet, Collin Baxter! (not a close family for sure. Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete